Welcome to Montini
Montini Catholic School serves over 317 students in Preschool through 8th grade.
It is located in McHenry, Illinois near the beautiful Fox River.
Three parishes, St. Patrick, St. Mary of the Assumption and Church of Holy Apostles all support the school.
The basic curriculum of Montini includes: Language Arts, Reading, Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, and Religion classes (which include participation in Liturgies and paraliturgies).
Montini is Illinois State Board of Education recognized and Rockford Diocese certified.
Top Ten Reasons to Choose
1. Catholic tradition and academic excellence in a community grounded in faith
2. Balanced curriculum that includes art, music fitness and technology
3. Emphasis on moral development, service to others and leadership skills
4. A 99% graduation rate
5. Strong preparation for further education
6. Safe and disciplined environment
7. Exceptional faculty who help students reach their highest potential
8. Individual attention in a caring community
9. Commitment to technology use to enhance education
10. Good stewardship of resources
Originally McHenry supported two Catholic schools, St. Marys and St. Patricks. In the 1970s the two school combined to create Montini Catholic School. In 1989 Church of Holy Apostles was formed and joined Montini Catholic School.
Montini Catholic School is named after Pope Paul the 6th, whose family name was Giovanni Battista Antonio Maria Montini. He was elected Pope on June 21, 1963.
do not deceive, cheat or steal
Be reliable and do what you say you will do
Have the courage to do the right thing
Build a good reputation
This year the students of Montini Catholic Primary Center will again partner with the City of McHenry in the Character Counts! program. This years theme is “WE ARE ONE- United in love of God (faith), learning (knowledge), and God’s children (service).
Our Character Counts schedule for the school year follows the guidelines of those used through out the City of McHenry.
Trustworthiness/Shelter the Homeless- Sept. and March
Respect/Bury the Dead- Oct. and April
Responsibility/Feed the Hungry & Give Drink to the Thirsty- Nov. and May
Fairness/Clothe the Needy- Dec. and June
Caring/Visit the Sick- Jan. and July
Citizenship/Visit Those in Prison- Feb. and Aug.
Montini now has a Facebook page. We are posting reminders of coming events as well pictures of the special events at our school. Come and check it out http://www.facebook.com/MontiniCatholicSchool